HDI® Desktop Support Technician
HDI Desktop Support Technician (HDI-DST) training focuses on key support center processes and concepts to improve overall support operations, as well as customer service and interpersonal skills that improve the customer’s experience.
HDI® Desktop Support Technician
Technical support professionals who provide in-person support to internal employees, remote workers, or external customers and require skills specific to this unique form of customer contact.
- Proven techniques for improving on-site customer interaction.
- How service level agreements impact workflow and prioritization of requests.
- Seven key steps for effective root cause analysis.
- The ITIL® processes of incident, problem, change, release, asset, and configuration management.
- An overview of security management and knowledge management.
- Essential time management and problem-solving skills.
- Effective strategies for managing difficult customers.
- Online, self-paced training allows participants to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. They can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 10-12 hours to complete.
- earn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Ramp up employees quickly. Courses can be activated in as short as 24 hours.
This certification verifies that professionals in the desktop support technician role possess the knowledge of customer service and service management processes, as well as the necessary best practices, to provide high quality service and support at the desk-side.
Module 1: Support Center Overview
- The Evolution the Support Center
- The Role of Desktop Support Technician
- The Support Center’s Role in the Business
Module 2: Strategic Framework
- Strategic Perspective
- Service Level Agreement
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Alignment
Module 3: Service Delivery Methods and Technology
- Service Delivery Methods
- Telephony Systems
- Service Management Systems
Module 4: Support Center Processes and Operations
- IT Service Management
- ITIL Service Support
- Security Management
- Knowledge Management
- Quality Assurance
Module 5: Customer Management Skills
- Total Contact Ownership
- Procedures for Call Handling
- Procedures for On-Site Visits
Module 6: Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Body Language
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
Module 7: Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-Solving and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents with IMPACT
- Additional Customer Service Skills
- Root Cause Analysis
Module 8: Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Handling Conflict
- Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- The Power of a Service Attitude
- Managing Your Time
- There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the customer service domain.
- The certification exam is based on the HDI Desktop Support Technician Certification Standard and is delivered online.
- Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes.
- A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass.
- Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
- Exam vouchers sold separately to training